Surprisingly, I’ve just been nominated by the lovely Amy Louise for The Leibster Award and I’m extremely flattered as I’m very new to this. It’s very exciting to be a part of, as some great bloggers have already been involved, including Amy who’s blog you should definitely go and read right now!
What is the Leibster Award?
The Leister award is an award bloggers give to other bloggers who they admire and love to read. You then answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you, and other bloggers then get to know you a little bit better. It’s very much like a tag. Here’s Amy’s to give you an idea.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and put a link to her/his post.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set 11 questions for them.
- Do not forget to let them know when the post goes live.
Here’s the questions Amy sent me:
1) What is your favourite topic to blog about?
I’m still new to blogging and feel like I haven’t fully found my feet yet. But I really love sharing my knowledge on topics I know a lot about and giving tutorials like baking chocolate cupcakes, and fun halloween nail art. As my blog is designed to document my last year at uni it will often feature lots of different subjects, so this was a bit of a tough question.
2) Do you have any top-tips for blogging?
Write about what you know, is the cliche everyone always says, but it is very true! If you’re writing about what you love and know, you can’t go wrong, and then your passion for it will shine through!
3) Who is your role model?
Carrie Hope Fletcher, she’s a very motivated person who has achieved masses, and she’s only 25!
4) What’s your favourite high street brand?
I must admit I do love a good shopping spree, and for any shopaholic this is a hard question! But Boots has to be a favourite, if my sister and I go shopping together, you can guarantee we’ll spend at least an hour in there, and come out with a lot of makeup and beauty products that we may not have necessarily gone in for. Thankfully it means my points card is fairly full!
5) Do you enjoy reading seasonal posts? (i.e. Christmas, Halloween)
I love seasonal posts as they get you in the mood for the holidays! They give you inspiration for new makeup looks, ways to decorate your house to make it feel as cosy as possible, and generally spread festive cheer!
6) What is your all-time favourite meal?
This is the easiest question on here, it’s the first thing I ask my mum to cook every time I go home… a good old fashioned roast!
7) What would be your meal from hell?
Anything fishy would turn my nose up, I can’t handle the smell of fish let alone eating it.
8) What advice would you give to your younger self?
To just keep going, everything is going to be fine, stop worrying and stressing. I was definitely a worrier when I was younger, once I was in my comfort zone, pulling me out would be difficult. But every time I popped my head out, I would thrive. Be confident!!
9) Favourite Disney film?
Mary Poppins – obviously!
10) Are you a morning bird or a night owl?
A night owl, most definitely, i’m currently writing this blog post at 00.30am. I love my bed in the morning far too much!
11) What book are you currently reading / what’s your favourite book?
I’m currently reading ‘All that she can see’ by Carrie Hope Fletcher which I really, really love. I’m going to write a review of this book once I’ve finished!
My favourite book is a bit harder, and would have to be any book by Giovanna Fletcher – her Novels will quench the thirst of any soppy romantic looking for their next book to tuck into. My personal favourite has to be Billy and Me, but you should also check out Dream a Little Dream and You’re the One that I want, they’re all very comforting books to cuddle up with a cup of tea.
My 11 Questions are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who is your biggest blogging inspiration?
- Which country from your travels is your favourite?
- What is your favourite thing to bake?
- What’s at the top of your bucket list?
- What would be your last meal on earth?
- Where are you planning to go on your next holiday?
- What do you miss the most?
- What one item can’t you live without?
- What is your favourite quote?
- In 10 years time where do you see yourself?
If you want to get involved feel free to answer my questions on your blog, or comment down below! I’d love to hear your answers. I’ve nominated these blogs that I love to read! Make sure to give them a visit if you haven’t already!