I’ve been blogging for around 4 months now, and I’m really enjoying it. Before I started my blog I never realised how huge the wonderful world of blogging was and I thought it might be a nice idea to give you 20 facts about myself, so you can all get to know me better.
My top five favourite things:
- My friends and family, I really could NOT live without them. They keep me going through the tough times, especially as I live away at University. So when I get the chance to escape and go home for a while, spending time with them becomes even more special.
- Music, one of the first things I do in the morning when I wake up is put music on. Whether that’s a bit of brass band or something from the charts, or old musical hits, I’ll be blaring them out on my speaker or humming along to them in the library with my headphones in. It really improves my mood!
- Learning something new in Linguistics. Every week at University I learn lots of new things, whether thats a new feature of a dialect, such as the changing vowels in Cockney English, or a new theory to analyse a Police Interview in Forensic Linguistics. I really love exploring my subject and learning new things.
- My cats, in my life I have 5 cats. My boyfriend and I have 2 cats, Oscar and Lily, and my mum and dad have 3, Lightning, Rosie and Jim. Lily, Rosie and Jim are all siblings, so having their entire litter is really interesting, as we love comparing them as they’re all so different. Lily is like a little white pom pom of fluff, Rosie is a little chubby, and Jim is a small slinky little puss, all with their own quirky personalities…. yes I’m a crazy cat lady!
- Cooking and Baking. Before meeting my boyfriend I wouldn’t say I was a ‘foodie’ but I definitely would say I am now. I love cooking new recipes with him, trying out new foods and enjoying spending the time together making it. Baking has been something I’ve always loved, I love putting the time into creating something yummy to share with everyone.
Let’s go quick fire!
About Time – if you love ‘Love Actually’ and feel good films this will be your new favourite too!
Non alcoholic: Peppermint tea or squash
Alcoholic: red or rose wine
Favourite holiday destination?
Either Lapland or Slovenia (I love cold christmassy holidays!)
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning to dance in the rain” – Vivian Greene.
Favourite music genre?
Brass, because I’m a nerd
Home with my family <3
Playing my trombone or baking!
The smell of Christmas dinner cooking
Roast dinner – obvs
Favourite pizza topping?
Hawaiian, sorry I love the pineapple!
Anything chocolate or salt and vinegar
I used to have a Burberry perfume I loved, but my current favourite is Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
New years eve 2016 with my boyfriend in Slovenia
I hope you enjoyed the questions, and got to know me a bit better!
Love Jaz x